RE-OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Dear Valued Customers,
We are so excited to announce that we are re-opening for business. We have been dealing with the new reality of the COVID 19 pandemic for over two months in our communities and in our business. It is unlike any other crisis that we have dealt with before. As we re-open our restaurants please rest assured that our commitment to the health and safety of our customers and staff remains constant.
The following are examples of increased measures we have taken under the guidance of Alberta Health to reconsider, renew and reinforce our health and safety procedures at both of our locations.
• Seating capacity has been reduced to 50%.
• Tables are placed 2 metres away from each other.
• The maximum number of 6 people may be seated at any one table.
• Rest room doors are propped open where possible & capacity is reduced to respect 2 metre distancing.
• All staff wears a mask in the restaurants at all times.
• Markers placed on the floor for guidelines to help customers respect social distancing.
• Co-workers have been asked to increase focus and frequency of hand washing with soap and water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Wearing gloves is not a substitute for hand washing and staff wearing gloves is asked to wash their gloves regularly.
• Hand sanitation stations will be set-up at the entrance of the restaurant for customers to clean their hands upon entering.
CLEANING AND SANITIZATION
• Thorough sanitizing of the entire restaurant will be conducted with sanitizing solutions to disinfect high-touch/shared surfaces to begin and throughout serving times.
• We will continue with a “wipe-twice” method to clean and disinfect with both cleaner and disinfectant.
• Added sanitizer stations at host stands, bar and food preparation areas, replenishing and refreshing sanitary solutions every 45 minutes.
• Items used by customers such as menus, tables, chairs and payment machines will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
SCREENING FOR SYMPTOMS
• All staff will actively screen co-workers and guests for symptoms of fever, sore throat, cough, runny nose or difficulty breathing.
• Anyone who is sick with cold-like symptoms such as cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat or shortness of breath will not be allowed in the restaurant.
• In addition, we have asked our co-workers to stay home if experiencing flu-like symptoms and to follow the advice of healthcare providers and self-quarantine for 14 days if returning from out of country.
• We recommend that all customers make reservations whenever possible.
• Walk-in customers will be asked to leave their name and telephone numbers
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
• As mentioned previously, all staff must wear a mask while in the restaurant at all times.
• Plexi glass dividers have been place throughout the restaurant in places where customers cannot maintain a 2 metre distance and to close off the open kitchen.
• Payment machines are covered with plastic coverings that will be wiped down after each use.
CUSTOMER SERVICE MODIFICATIONS
• As mandated by the government at this stage of re-opening we are not allowed to offer self-serve stations and as such our side bars will be closed to customers.
• Cutlery will be placed on the table in roll-ups only after the customer has been seated.
• We will continue an all-you-care-to-eat menu by bringing food options from the kitchen.
• Customers will order their sides from the server and the sides will be plated in the kitchen and served to each individual customer.
• Churrasqueiros will serve barbecue selections from a cart that has four sides protected by plexi glass.
• Churrasqueiros will stop with their back to a wall on marked floor spots when with the cart.
• Each cart will be accompanied by a server or an additional Churrasqueiros who will communicate with customers and run the BBQ item to the customer on a side plate.
THE ROAD TO THE FUTURE
Although things seem to be changing constantly it is important to remain positive. At Gaucho we have always focused on giving our customers an unforgettable dining experience. Our restaurants and service may look a little different, however, Gaucho has always been a place of gathering for good food, good drinks and good friends and this will remain true during our re-opening.
At Gaucho we remember that adversity has always been the mother of invention. We find ourselves travelling on roads that may lead us to some truly great developments for the future.
We continue to value and appreciate your support of our business and would like to send our thoughts and prayers to all the front line workers who risk their well-being daily in keeping us all safe.
All our best regards,
Ede and Rosina Rodrigues
Calgary: May 28, 2020
Canmore: June 4, 2020
HOURS OF OPERATION
Dinner – Tuesday to Sunday 5 – 9pm
Lunch – Friday to Sunday 12 – 3pm
Dinner – Tuesday to Sunday 5 – 9pm
Lunch – Saturday & Sunday 12 – 3pm