RE-OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Dear Valued Customers,
We are so excited to announce that we are reopening for business. We have been dealing with the new reality of the COVID 19 pandemic in our communities and in our business for some time now. It is unlike any other crisis that we have dealt with before. As we reopen our restaurants please rest assured that our commitment to the health and safety of our customers and staff remains constant. The following are examples of increased measures we continue to take under the guidance of Alberta Health to reconsider, renew and reinforce our health and safety procedures at both of our locations.
RESTRICTIONS EXEMPTION PROGRAM
In order to remain open for dine-in service we are participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program.
• Starting Sept 20, 2021 vaccine-eligible individuals must provide valid proof of immunization or a negative privately paid COVID-19 test within the previous 72 hours to access our restaurants.
• Before Oct 25, 2021 we will accept proof of single dose vaccinations as long as the first dose was received two weeks prior after which we ask that you provide proof of double vaccination to enter our restaurants.
• Rest room doors are propped open where possible & capacity is reduced to respect 2 metre distancing.
• All staff is asked to wear a mask in the restaurants if not double vaccinated.
• Markers placed on the floor for guidelines to help customers respect social distancing.
• Co-workers have been asked to increase focus and frequency of hand washing with soap and water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Wearing gloves is not a substitute for hand washing and staff wearing gloves is asked to wash their gloves regularly.
• Hand sanitation stations will be set-up at the entrance of the restaurant for customers to clean their hands upon entering.
CLEANING AND SANITIZATION
• Thorough sanitizing of the entire restaurant will be conducted with sanitizing solutions to disinfect high-touch/shared surfaces to begin and throughout serving times.
• We will continue to clean and disinfect with both cleaner and disinfectant.
• Added sanitizer stations at host stands, bar and food preparation areas, replenishing and refreshing sanitary solutions every 45 minutes.
• Items used by customers such as menus, tables, chairs and payment machines will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
• Payment machines are covered with plastic coverings that will be wiped down after each use.
SCREENING FOR SYMPTOMS
• All staff will actively screen co-workers and guests for symptoms of fever, sore throat, cough, runny nose or difficulty breathing.
• Anyone who is sick with cold-like symptoms such as cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat or shortness of breath will not be allowed in the restaurant.
• In addition, we have asked our co-workers to stay home if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms and to follow the advice of healthcare providers.
• Customers will be asked to leave their full name and telephone numbers, for contact tracing.
THE ROAD TO THE FUTURE
Although things seem to be changing constantly it is important to remain positive. At Gaucho we have always focused on giving our customers an unforgettable dining experience. Our restaurants and service may look a little different, however, Gaucho has always been a place of gathering for good food, good drinks and good friends and this will remain true during our re-opening. Some say that adversity is the mother of invention. With that in mind, we find ourselves travelling on roads that may lead us to some truly great developments for the future.
We continue to value and appreciate your support of our business and would like to send our thoughts and prayers to all the front line workers who risk their well-being daily in keeping us all safe.
All our best regards,
Ede and Rosina Rodrigues